OK. I’ve officially entered! I’ve only been doing this blog since last May and while my readership is growing slowly, I am seeing steady improvements in how I’m doing and am quite pleased. Yesterday my “hits” hit 2,000 and growing and the list of countries from which people are checking out my blog is quite long. I only miss the odd day in posting (usually on days when I’m travelling solo by car and can’t read or write along the way) and I’m making headway through my book piles and spicing things up with movie and magazine reviews. I think I’m ready to take on Book’d Out’s Eclectic Reader Challenge 2015.
What I have to do is read and post reviews of 12 books (one per month) using each of the categories in the challenge. I’m copying them here for your perusal.
- Retellings (of fairytale, legends or myth)
- A book set in a country starting with the letter S (eg. Sweden, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Slovakia)
- PI Crime (fiction featuring a private investigator)
- A novel published before you were born
- Contemporary romance
- Fiction for foodies (fiction featuring food/food related business)
- Microhistory (Non Fiction)
- Science Fiction set in space
- Sports (Fiction or Non fiction)
- Featuring diversity
- Epistolary Fiction (fiction written in the format of letters/emails/diary entries)
- Middle Grade/YA Adventure
Some of these will definitely be outside my comfort range which is, I gather, the point of the challenge.
Now, Shelley Rae has already made a list of what she will be reading and while I have a few ideas, I think I’ll choose my books as I go. For complete details, visit this link on Shelley Rae’s site. I hope you will Join the challenge!